Transportation Accidents Attorney In Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you were injured while traveling in an automobile, train, boat or another type of vehicle, you should seek the help of an experienced transportation accident attorney. The team at Smith Shanklin Sosa, LLC can advocate for the compensation you need to cover medical bills and other expenses associated with your injuries. Our attorneys provide high-quality legal assistance to clients across the Baton Rouge area.
Types Of Transportation Accidents
Not all transportation accidents require legal representation. Insurance companies can often settle minor collision claims. However, complex cases that involve medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other issues should be handled by an attorney. Some of the most common types of transportation accidents include the following:
- Automobile accidents: These are accidents in which you are the driver or passenger of a car. Automobile accidents can include rear-end collisions, which are the most common type of car accident, and head-on collisions, which are often fatal. If you are injured because of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Truck accidents: This refers to collisions between 18-wheelers and passenger cars, which can result in devastating injuries and even death. If you were involved in an accident with a truck, it might have been caused by distracted driving, improper loading, improper truck maintenance, driver fatigue or other forms of negligence.
- Boat accidents: Louisiana’s scenic lakes and waterways mean that boating is a popular recreational activity. However, because the state only requires people born after 1983 to obtain boater education cards, collisions may result when inexperienced operators take the helm. High speeds, alcohol consumption, and other factors can also contribute to the prevalence of recreational boating accidents.
- Aviation accidents: If you were injured in a plane crash, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other costs. We have the expertise to investigate the cause of an accident and determine if negligent parties were at fault.
- Railroad accidents: These accidents include train and railroad crossing collisions. Train accidents can cause serious injuries to train operators, transit passengers, automobile passengers and pedestrians. We will investigate the complex factors that can cause railroad accidents and fight for the compensation you need to cover related expenses.
Contact A Transportation Accident Attorney Today
If you or a family member has been injured in a transportation accident, contact the attorneys at Smith Shanklin Sosa, LLC for a free consultation. To speak directly with one of our lawyers, call 225-424-6094 or complete our online contact form. We can help you determine if you have a case.